Transport has a substantial carbon footprint. Here at Frederick R Miller we do our best to keep it to an absolute minimum.
- We are very conscious of our carbon footprint – and wanted to show just how green a transport company can be.
- We recycle – paper, tyres, cartridges – whatever and whenever possible.
- We maximise utilisation of our vehicles – our trunking vehicles leave our hubs and depots full and return full so we are rarely running empty vehicles.
- We utilise return loads system to try to utilise other empty vehicles whenever possible.
- Palletways runs a unique Southern hub system so vehicles go the shortest distance possible.
- We map and plan our journeys careful to ensure minimal empty miles.
- If our clients would like us to, we can administer a carbon offsetting programme on their behalf.